Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Proposal

Ok, so it has been a while since March 27th when I proposed to Dyan, but it took a little bit to get some photos to through in here. I decorated the back patio with lights, had some slow music playing, and she came over after her class to get a "surprise". I told her that the surprise was the ice cream that I had waiting for her, and that I wanted to talk to her about her day. I can honestly say that I have never been so nervous in my entire life. We ate the ice cream and then I told her that the first time I danced with her would not be at our wedding. I turned up the music a little bit and asked her to dance with me. While we danced we played a game I made up called "Question and Answer". The rules are basic, I say, "Question?" and she says, "Answer.". Then I get to ask any question I want and she gives me an honest answer. The roles can be switched of course but I said, "Question?", which brought the awaited for "Answer." and I asked if I could keep her. She said yes and I asked, "For how long?". She told me that I could keep her for an eternity. I stepped back, pulled out the ring and said something to the effects of, "Well then, if it is going to be for an eternity, will you marry me?". She said yes and the rest as they say is history. Dyan is amazing and in a million years I would have never thought that I could be as lucky as I am. She is the greatest thing to happen to me and she helps me be a better person and will help me be the husband and eternal companion that she deserves... We are in love, not much more to say.

No comments: