Friday, November 18, 2011

I Claim Dual Heritage!!!

When I was a young child my sister's loved to tease me by telling me that I was adopted. Coming from a family of mainly super white skinned folks, at least on my dad's side, where the majority have light colored hair and lighter eyes it was not hard to believe. Especially when they told me that my parents had gone down to the Mexican border and picked me up. Now, I do not claim to be as dark as some of my Latino brothers but I have been approached on several occasions by Latinos who will randomly speak Spanish to me. After serving a mission in a Spanish speaking country this does not bother me because I can reply to what they say but in High School and Junior High it would create an uncomfortable situation. At one point I even had a High School coach stop dribbling the ball during a game with me and yell, "Abbott, what the heck are you man? Mexican, Spanish, what?!?!" So, for all the Internet to bear witness, I now declare once and for all that I, Joshua Abbott, am not only English(as my last name would lead people to believe) and Hungarian(from my mother's side). I have no Spanish heritage and no connection to Latinos from any country, nation, or race. I would also like to say that I have nothing against Latinos and love Guatemalans overall but am not part of their race or culture(except for pointing with my lips instead of my fingers. A trait I picked up on my mission and can't seem to shake). So, for the education of all those who don't know what a Hungarian looks like, let me share some fun photos I found online. Enjoy!!!

Photo 1: The Old Ways.












Photo 2: More recent photo.












Now for some fun ones
Photo 3: How many Hungarians does it take to drive a tank? One, the rest are Germans ticked that a Hungarian has "commandeered" their tank.












Photo 4: Hungarians: Better Mustaches than the Saudis since 1485.











Photo 5: The Original dictator statue tipper-overs!!!










Photo 6: Ak47: The real answer to boosting tourism.











Photo 7: Hungarians: Smooth with the ladies.












Photo 8: and ladies... if your single we have this guy for you. Does it help if we tell you he is a doctor?

No comments: